Friday, March 12, 2010

Cat Scan

Wide awake and yet I feel as tired as when I'm sleepy and ready for bed. Mom's still asleep, don't want to wake her up. Follow-up appointment today. CT scan results. Deep breath. Am I clenching every single muscle in my body? I forgot that I have muscles in my toes and forehead and finger tips and ears... How do they know from the surgery that her lungs are clear? Her lungs are clear. That's "the plan." That's the way I've been rehearsing how this will go. That's how it will go. So far, everything's gone according to plan. I should get up and exercise or read or get ready so mom can take her time when she wakes up. Dad didn't even wake her up when he got up. She's resting, that's good. It was a long night. We shouldn't have walked in the cold like that. We did have fun.... She's up. I'm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment