Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anxiety

There is a bottle of valerian root by my bed if I start to get anxious. I have water too right? The stuff works, I'm so surprised by this. The melatonin I figured out on my own, and it also works, but the doctor suggested the valerian root. They both make me sleepy, but the valerian seems to be calming more than sleep inducing. I can take it at 3:00 AM and still get up at 5:50 AM. This morning I slept right through to about 5:30 though. That felt good.

I have the entire morning to myself. Maria time. Seems the perfect temperature in bed. The sheets are slightly cool, the air outside is crisp. I can breathe when it's crisp. Jovi is still sleeping. That is good. She even went back to sleep when I asked her to turn her alarm off. The dog is barking. I'll let him out so she can sleep more. The morning is all mine.

It's 7:30 AM and the sun is out. I've got to water the garden! A morning in the garden sounds perfect. No thinking about what the afternoon might hold. The new medication seems to be taking care of some of her manic behavior. The  morning is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment